IAB-ECSR conference, May 14-15, 2020, Nuremberg, Germany.
Germany has emerged as the leading destination of refugees in the EU and among other high-income countries in absolute terms at 1.6 million asylum applications, which have been submitted there from 2015 to 2018. Almost five years after the surge in refugee migration to Germany and other European countries in 2015 we aim to draw first conclusions of what has been achieved regarding the integration of refugees into the economy and other areas of society in the leading destination countries of asylum-seekers in the EU and worldwide. The conference aims to bring together demographers, economists, sociologists and political scientists to discuss the most critical lessons on refugee integration in Europe and encourages contributions on the following topics:
- refugee migration, family reunification and patterns of settlement
- selection of refugees
- asylum procedures and effectiveness of integration programs
- refugee penalty and labor market integration
- educational and training opportunities for refugees and their offspring
- social integration and family dynamics
- language and cultural integration
- health and traumata
- effects on host country economy and population
For Call for papers (ends February 15, 2020) and further information click here.